At least nineteen Illinois cases are now linked to the reports of elevated lead levels in recalled cinnamon applesauce pouches. To learn more about the recall, go to https://www.cdc.gov/nceh/lead/news/lead-poisoning-outbreak-linked-to-cinnamon-applesauce-pouches.html. If you or a family member consumed this product, consult your health care provider.
Formerly Illinois COVID-19 Ambassadors
The IDPH Community Ambassadors Program started as the IL COVID-19 Ambassadors Program which empowers Illinoisans across the state to play a vital role in supporting state efforts to stop the spread of COVID-19. They did so by promoting and sharing information among their friends, family, peers and neighbors on prevention measures, testing resources, COVID-19 vaccine and other relevant information. The program has recently expanded to include community health initiatives including MPV, women’s health issues, violence as a public health issue, and other local health concerns. The program is working with local health departments across the state to connect Ambassadors to their departments, creating a local support network for the departments, and keeping Ambassadors up to date with developments in their area and ways to engage.
Goals of Community Ambassadors Program
- Engage with and empower everyday Illinoisans across the state, in an ongoing and intentional way, to assist in public health outreach and prevention efforts
- Enable Illinoisans across the state to become contributors, problem solvers and partners addressing emerging public health issues
Benefits of Being a Community Ambassador
- The opportunity to not only voice your concerns and fears but also participate in solutions
- Connect with your local health department and engage at the local level
- Enhance your communication and leadership skills
- Contributing to effective and innovative solutions to address public health issues across the state
- Contributing to a culture of health and prevention among your friends, family, peers and community
- Proactively promoting public health messaging and related community resources
- Raise awareness of public health trends and needs at the local level
- Provide input on the development of messaging and outreach materials
- Organize and implement outreach activities (virtual, in-person) like Facebook Live events
- Share your success with us!
Ambassadors are invited to attend meetings every other month (6 times a year) for 90 minutes every time.
Have questions or need more information, please contact email@example.com.